2016 March

Chinook Chamber of Commerce

Meeting Minutes

March 8, 2016

  1. Call to order

Heather DePriest called to order the regular meeting of the Chinook Chamber at 6:15pm on March 8, 2016 at the Chamber Office.

  1. Roll call

Sarah Pratt conducted a roll call. The following persons were present: Heather DePriest, Shannon Nissen, Jennifer Hellman, and Sarah Pratt.

  • Approval of minutes from last meeting

Sarah Pratt read the minutes from the last meeting. Corrections were made to the minutes and were approved.

  1. Treasure’s Report

BPCU Savings $25.44

FB SBF $14,916.55

FB Operating $2,007.39

Wells Fargo Operating $166.15

FB Chamber Bucks $3,605.00

WF Tables and Chairs $4,715.12

Jenn presented the bills to be paid. Sarah moved, and Jenn seconded to pay the bills.

Jenn is working on getting Sarah on the bank accounts and is setting up a time to complete the process.

  1. Open issues
  2. Fairgrounds: Nothing New. Moving to the Project List.
  3. License Plate Fundraiser: Heather will present new ideas for the design next meeting
  4. New Businesses: We welcomed Just Us construction and had a nice article in the paper. No new businesses at this time.
  5. Business After Hours: American Lutheran Church is this week. Tire and Lube is in April. May is listed as Finley’s. Heather is going to visit with them about their idea of teaming up with the Golf course.
  6. Flashing Lights: Nothing New. Moving to the List.
  7. Sugarbeet Festival Sponsors: All paid up!
  8. Shelving Units: Board will wait until Larry gets back to build the current shelving to see what the office needs.
  9. Chamber Bucks: Article was great! No noticeable change in use of the Bucks. Heather is going to work on making them available online.
  10. Membership Letters: Shannon has half of them done. The other half is ready to send out. Heather will order the medallions. Sarah will start on Thank you’s.
  11. Bonus Books: Need to be done by May. The board will start calling businesses starting with Chinook. We would like to see the Pool put a coupon in.
  12. Training Workshops: The board discussed the following workshops: Parli Pro at the Annex on April 18th and 20th. Sarah will contact Robin with FFA The rest are tentative: Excel Basics in May (Danny Pratt may teach), Customer Service in September, Business Tax in October (maybe Casey MacIntosh), Entrepreneurship Startups in November (maybe get Joe LaPlant from Bear Paw Development and Anne Booth from Triangle), Customer Retention in February 2017 and Advanced Quickbooks in March 2017.
  13. New business
  14. Photo Workshops- Todd Klassy: Wants to have a big festival in 2017 to bring photographers from around the world. He has the Chambers blessing and will help when possible.
  15. $15 donation from member- Jenn: We appreciate Haines Gearhart’s donation.
  16. Western Horse Review- Montana Issue: Looks like we missed the deadline. Sarah will check. Otherwise, Heather will design an ad.
  17. Facebook Posting: The board is still deciding on which business pages to share. Will continue discussion next meeting.
  18. Carpet Cleaner: Decided we did not need one.
  19. Banner Sale: Jenn will contact Robert Smith to see if we can put Welcome banners on the poles.
  20. Address Tabled Items: We took care of The List.
  • Adjournment

Heather DePriest adjourned the meeting at 7:35pm.

Next meeting: April 12th, 2016

Minutes submitted by:  Sarah Pratt

Comments are closed.