Chinook Chamber of Commerce
July 7, 2016
Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting
- Call to order
Heather DePriest called the meeting to order at 6:16pm on July 7, 2016 at the Chamber Office.
- Roll call
The following persons were present: Heather DePriest, Jennifer Hellman, Bonnie Weber, and Sarah Pratt.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Minutes were approved as posted on the website. Jenn Moved. Bonnie 2nd
- Treasure’s Report
BPCU Savings $25.44
FB SBF $14,916.55
FB Operating $471.87
Wells Fargo Operating $166.15
FB Chamber Bucks $4,125.00
FB Tables and Chairs $4,853.29
Jenn presented the bills. Sarah moves to have our rent bi-annually and if that is not ok with the Eagles we will stay with annually and move money from Sugarbeet account. Bonnie seconded. Sarah moves to move $500 from Sugarbeet account to operating to pay this month’s bills. Bonnie 2nd. Bonnie moves to pay the bills and Jenn 2nd.
- Open issues
- License Plate Fundraiser Update- Heather has a new design and will email it out.
- New Businesses Update- Kitty Wines and Dave Unruh moved into store fronts. We need to welcome Dave and Kitty. Darren Hamilton with Aflac might want to be welcomed now. Reach out to the Journal to get the welcome pictures. Then Bonnie for gifts.
- Business After Hours Update- Jenn will keep working on it.
- Shelving Units: Wait for Larry.
- Chamber Bucks gear (Local money flyer, sticker welcome, etc)-Jenn has a list of businesses: Heather will finish the flyers and stickers.
- Bonus Books sold: Online too… Sarah will contact Wendy Warborton to get a booth at the fair and we will do 3 hour shifts. Heather will send Sarah the schedule for volunteers.
- Training Workshops: Dana Meneely with Malta Chamber is a Human Resource professional. Contact her to get some workshops planned.
- Banner Setup- Maybe to a sponsorship for the welcome banners. Ask Steve to do an article.
- New business
- Update on Sugarbeet Festival: Ask Kendra to do a business after hours for September for the Black Pot cooking.
- Todd Klassy: Haven’t heard from him. Remove from agenda.
- Fireworks: We are thrilled they happened!
- Updated questions and ready to go.
- Triangle Grant: We received a grant from Triangle. We will purchase a computer, monitor, phone, and chair for the new office.
- Adjournment 7:10pm