Chinook Chamber of Commerce
February 9, 2016
- Call to order
Heather DePriest called to order the regular meeting of the Chinook Chamber at 6:45pm on February 9, 2016 at the Chamber Office.
- Roll call
Sarah Pratt conducted a roll call. The following persons were present: Heather DePriest, Shannon Nissen, Jennifer Hellman, and Sarah Pratt.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Sarah Pratt read the minutes from the last meeting. The minutes were approved as read.
- Treasure’s Report
BPCU Savings $25.44
FB SBF $1,4716.55
FB Operating $1,364.47
Wells Fargo Operating $166.15
FB Chamber Bucks $3,985.00
WF Tables and Chairs $4,615.12
Jenn presented the bills to be paid. Shannon moved, and Sarah seconded to pay the bills.
Jenn is working on getting Sarah on the bank accounts and is setting up a time to complete the process.
- Open issues
- Fairgrounds: Heather went to the meeting. Plans are being made for improvements. The board will let the Chamber know when they are ready so we can help.
- CTEP: City had to pay the contractors. The contractors claim they will be back in the Spring to fix the previous work.
- License Plate Fundraiser: Heather presented the updated design. The board felt the design was not perfect yet. Heather took the ideas and will keep working on the license plate design.
- New Businesses: Levy Jones doesn’t want to be welcomed yet. The Shop was contacted multiple times by many board members and no response. The board will not welcome them at this time. Jenn will contact Just Us to welcome them on Monday the 22nd at 1pm at the Just Us location.
- Business After Hours: American Garage is having their After Hours this week! The City of Chinook was scheduled to be the March After Hours. They want to wait until the updates are done on their building so they want to reschedule and do an After Hours every year. Jenn is working on filling the March After Hours. Blain County Fairboard might want to do it and will let Jenn know this week. Betty and Mark Billmeyer wants to do one too. Triangle would like to do one but needs to find a location to host in Chinook. Heather will talk with Anne from Triangle. April is lined up for Tire and Lube.
- Flashing Lights: Nothing New
- Sugarbeet Festival Sponsors: Still waiting on Bear Paw Realty to pay their sponsorship bill. Jenn will send another invoice.
- Shelving Units: Board will wait until Larry gets back to build the current shelving to see what the office needs.
- Chamber Bucks: Shannon contacted Steve Edwards to do an article about the old Chamber Bucks. Jenn will follow up with Steve to give him the information he needs for the article.
- New business
- Annual Banquet: The banquet turned out great! The Chamber fed around 80 people and the food was wonderful as well. January seems to work the best for hosting the banquet. Heather has been in talks with Russel Nemetz to be the speaker for 2017. The tentative dates are January 21st or 28th of 2017.
- Membership Letters: Shannon finished using up the materials she had. She will contact the Journal to finish up the rest, which is around 300.
- Cards: Sarah wrote a Thank You to Gayle Fisher for speaking at the Banquet. The board signed. Sarah will send out a sympathy card to the Dannel’s Family.
- Bonus Books: The board liked the idea of bonus books but need to change them for this year. The board wants them to be around 4x2 in size and have the coupons be removable. We want to have the project be bid on in both color and black and white.
- Training Workshops: The board discussed the following workshops: Parli Pro at the Annex on March 21 and 23. The rest are tentative: Advanced Quickbooks in April, Excel Basics in May (Danny Pratt may teach), Customer Service in September, Business Tax in October, Entrepreneurship Startups in November, and Customer Retention in February 2017.
Heather DePriest adjourned the meeting at 8:00pm.
Next meeting: March 8th, 2016
Minutes submitted by: Sarah Pratt