Chinook Chamber of Commerce
April 12, 2016
- Call to order
Heather DePriest called the meeting to order at 6:06pm on April 12, 2016 at the Creamery.
- Roll call
The following persons were present: Heather DePriest, Shannon Nissen, Jennifer Hellman, Larry Surber, Bonnie Webber, and Sarah Pratt.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Sarah Pratt read the minutes from the last meeting. Minutes were approved.
- Treasure’s Report
BPCU Savings $25.44
FB SBF $14,916.55
FB Operating $2,918.24
Wells Fargo Operating $166.15
FB Chamber Bucks $3,840.00
WF Tables and Chairs $5,137.12
Jenn presented the bills to be paid. Sarah moved, and Larry seconded to pay the bills. Jenn received a $50 donation from John Wallace. Sarah will send a Thank You.
- Open issues
- License Plate Fundraiser: Heather will present new ideas for the design at the next meeting.
- New Businesses: No new businesses at this time.
- Business After Hours: Tire and Lube is this week. May is listed as Finley’s. They will be doing a BBQ in the lot. Nothing is listed for June yet.
- Shelving Units: Larry is hoping to install the shelves and doors this month.
- Chamber Bucks (local money flyer, sticker welcome, etc): Heather will design a stick-on for businesses. Jenn will write out the list of businesses in town that will need one. Sarah will post on Facebook about where local money goes.
- Membership Letters: All are sent out. Sarah is trying to resend the returned letters. Plaques are ordered. Wait until May to send reminders to businesses who should renew.
- Bonus Books: Sarah will send request for quotes. They will start May 1st.
- Training Workshops: The Parli Pro workshop is at the Annex for April 18th and 20th. Free for members and $10 for non members. Sarah will put a reminder on Facebook and Constant Contact. Heather will ask Paula Mollano if she can do the Excel Basics in May if Danny Pratt can’t do it.
- Facebook Posting- The Chamber voted to continue supporting all Chamber members no matter where they are located. Sarah moved and Jenn 2nd.
- Banner Sale- Jenn has been visiting with the gal at Northern Lights Display about the banners available to put in town. The prices are expensive so we would like to see how many we can do. Sarah moved to order one bracket for Larry to look at and see if he can replicate it for cheaper, Bonnie 2nd and it was passed.
- New business
- Western Horse Review- Montana Issue: Passed due.
- SBF Fun Run Shirts- Jenn- Shirts we have requested have not been made. We have not received a bill for the shirts that were made even though Jenn has tried to make contact many times. Bonnie will try to make contact.
- Constant Contact Email: We received a link that if we ever need a speaker for free then Constant Contact will help provide one.
- MT Dept of Commerce Tourism and Development: The Chamber needs a representative for the board. Sarah will send an email and Heather will give the details.
- Projector: We will buy our own projector for $129. Jenn moved and Larry 2nd.
- Chinook Youth Baseball Sign Sponsorship: Board passed to purchase a $100 sponsorship. Sarah moved and Bonnie 2nd.
- Blaine County Fair Sponsorship: Board passed a $500 sponsorship for the Fair and a $500 sponsorship for the Bear Paw Roundup. Jenn moved and Bonnie 2nd.
- Adopt a Highway: We are planning to do the clean-up June 4th. We need to call the state for their blessing.
- After Hours Administrator: Jenn doesn’t have time for it. We are looking for an admin. Will look at the volunteer list.
- Membership Plaques: Most of the ones we received have been handed out.
- Todd Klassy: Will come to the next meeting.
- Chamber Dues and big benefits for members: Board talked about raising the dues to somewhere between $140 and $300 for different levels of business. Sarah and Larry will take a survey around to businesses and see what they would like from the Chamber. The board passed the funds to pay for Sarah to work for the Chamber and be in the office for a 3 month period starting in June. Larry moved and Gwen 2nd.
- Discuss new meeting time: We will try a different date and do the 1st The board gave Jenn the authority to pay normal bills under $500.
- Sweet Park Table: We want to move the table from Sweet Park to the baseball park. Larry will find out if it is ours.
- Bear Paw Battlefield Assessment: Heather will write a letter of opposition. Jenn moved and Larry 2nd.
Heather DePriest adjourned the meeting at 8:05pm.
Next meeting: May 5th, 2016
Minutes submitted by: Sarah Pratt