2012 April

Next meeting is planned for May 16th at 7:00 p.m. at the Pastime Lounge

Minutes, April 11th, 2012 - 7:00 p.m. Old Eagles

Current Agenda reads as follows:
Report on Signs Outside of Town - Committee - Chuck Hewitt/Kelcey Diemert/Max Hofeldt
Visitors Center - Heather DePriest/Larry Surber
CTEP - Keith Hanson/Heather DePriest
Chamber Office Sign - Heather DePriest
Annual Banquet Report - Jay Eslick
Grant Writing - Bridgette Brennan - Heather
Fundraiser Raffle - Heather DePriest
Chamber T-Shirts - Heather DePriest
Table and Chair Racks - Larry Surber
Sugarbeet Festival Planning 2012 - Rita Surber
Lion’s Club Project Ideas - Heather

Nancy Diemert
Heather DePriest
Larry Surber
Jennifer Hellman
Frank Pehrson
Jay Eslick
Richard Cronk


Minutes were read and approved.


Chamber T-Shirts - The T-shirts are done, but have some issues, so Heather has contacted Master Sports for some changes to the shirts.  New ones should be done soon. 

Annual Banquet Planning - The date of the banquet will be May 5th (Cinco De’Mayo) and will entail something with Roast Beef and a Mexican Flavor.  It will be held at the Eagles - there will not be a band this year.

Brochure Distribution - Heather inquired with Deb Davies on the status of the distribution.

Fundraiser Raffle - Max moved to rescind the pickup idea and Frank 2nd.  Until we can secure an insurance company, we do not feel comfortable in doing a pickup.  However, ideas will be brought to the table for the next meeting.

Racks for Tables and Chairs - The carts are done, the logo is ordered (pending prices), and we decided to donate the old tables.

Garden Club Planters - Planters were purchased and the Garden Club will be putting flowers in them in May.

Grant Writing - Bridgette will get in touch with Heather once she is done with School.

Fairboard Fundrasier - It was asked how the progress was for the Fairboard, Heather indicated she would inquire.

Memberships - Max reported on the memberships and the status - they are steadily coming in and the plaques were ordered.

Mike Schuldt - it was discussed to send Mike a thank you card from the Chamber.  Heather and Jennifer will handle.

Advertising in Canada - It was discussed that we need to send brochures to Frontier and Shonovan, Canada.


Sugarbeet Festival 2012 - September 21st and 22nd, 2012 - Blaine County’s 100th Anniversary is the theme of this years festival.  Rita will report on the festival progress at the next meeting.

Visitors Center
Ron Dalton is working on the project at this time.

Max presented Heather’s designs and it was discussed to bring a price at the next meeting.  The design was voted on and the location was also added on the East side of town on the DePriest property.

Nancy moved to accept the letter that Heather drafted and Jennifer 2nd.  It will be sent out once approved from Bear Paw Development.
Festival of Trees - Ambulance Crew was suggested for this years fundraiser group - it was agreed upon to table until the Festival gets closer.

Treasurers Report:
Operating $2795.26
Tables and Chairs $592.35
Sugarbeet Festival $63.74
Christmas Lights Savings $20
Christmas Light $24.97

Meeting adjourned at 9:01 p.m.
Next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 16th, 2012


LARGE SUGARBEET STATUE - Colleen had brought a photograph of a large sugarbeet that she had encountered in her travels and was wondering if something would be possible to add to our Visitors Center as a unique draw. We will be discussing later on when the building is complete and operational.

Notary Training
- Tabled at this time - do not know if we will have enough interest in it to justify bringing the trainer down.

Marquees - The PTO has decided to take some of the funds for the Marquees and use for another project. The Chamber decided to hold off on the marquees until we have a visitors center/rest area to place it at.

Lights on the Tower
Anita DePriest Magnuson sent Heather a cutout of a Newspaper Article from Junction City, Oregon where they have succeeded in lighting up their water towers with LED lights that can change and be programmed to move and rotate. It was agreed that it was a neat idea and would be tabled until we had available funding to do a project of that magnitude. Heather will contact Chuck and see if he is interested in spearheading the project. <http://junctioncity.kval.com/content/eugene-company-helps-light-junction-city-water-tower>.

Strategic Alliance of Montana Chambers - Heather contacted SAMC and notified them of our interest in the project. We will wait to hear from them on when we will be doing a training in our area.

American Prairie Foundation
It was talked about at the meeting for our approach on this subject, and we decided to help encourage people to get educated on the subject and to express your opinion. The officers of the group decided to let the Stockgrowers and the CattleWomen do the public viewing of the movie with a speaker, etc. It was a unanimous opinion of the group that it will affect businesses and could directly affect each and every one of us. Heather will contact Lori Swanson.

Fran Hodgson sent Heather a link in July that showcased CutBank’s murals through town. She would like to suggest that Chinook look into it. The link is: <http://www.kfbb.com/news/local/92734869.html>. Tabled at this time.

Comments are closed.