Home of the Sugarbeeters

Small Town Charm, Big City Ambience

Chinook, Montana
Chinook Sugarbeeters
Chinook Rod and Gun Club Gun Show will be October 7th and 8th.
Our Business After Hours Event is looking for Hosts for 2017, please contact Jennifer at (406) 945-7978 for more information.
Farmer Rancher Committee will meet at the Chamber office October 9th to finalize details for event.

September 2017

Chinook Chamber of Commerce
Meeting Agenda
September 14, 2017 6:00pm

Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting

I.     Call to order

President Sarah Pratt called the meeting to order at 6:01pm.

II.     Roll call

The following persons were present: Jennifer Hellman, Hayley Yost, Sarah Pratt, Heather DePreist, Larry Surber, Daniel Dahl and Frank Pehrson.

 

III.     Approval of minutes from last meeting

Larry motioned to approve the minutes from the last meeting and Heather 2nd, Motion passed.

 

IV.     Treasure’s Report

Bills were read by Treasurer, Hayley Yost. Frank moves to pay bills and Larry 2nds, motion passed.

 

V.     Committee

a.      Appreciation Committee Meeting - Committee met this past week and are getting decorations finalized for the event. Table clothes have been ordered and should be in within the next week. Still looking for cowboy boots for decorations and looking for someone to cater the dinner.  Next committee meeting is set for Monday October 9th, 2017 at 6:00 pm and will be held at the Chinook Chamber office on Main Street.

b.     Business After hours- Few possible businesses for After Hours but nothing for sure at this time.  Jenn will be in contact with the Wildlife Museum, Rod and Gun club and Just Us Construction.

 

VI.     Open issues

a)     Show & Shine- In a few weeks this event will be happening. There are plans to have team penning, horseshoe tourney, Lunch provided by Dan's Auto parts, Drive in movie and of course the Car show.

b)     Ticker Board- Television is at the Chamber office and is hooked up, waiting on a part to get the slideshow from the computer to the tv. Daniel mentioned he has a HMDI box that we can buy from him, he will get back to us on a price and Heather will finish setting this up.

c)     Installation of Banners- We have received approval from NorthWestern Energy to start hanging our banners. Jennifer will be in contact with Miller Brothers to see if they can help with their bucket truck, or if we can borrow it.

d)     Member Thank you Thursday - Nothing at this time.

e)     Reporter- Tabled at this time.

f)     Chamber Employee: Heather, Sarah and Hayley met with Erika Smith who has applied for the Executive Director position. Heather motions to hire Erika Smith, Larry 2nd- discussion was held, Erika's set hours will be as followed- Monday-Friday from 3pm-5pm and Saturday 10am-3pm, and will start the first of October- Motion passes. Frank motions to pay Unemployment insurance- Amended- Frank motions to get payroll subscription, workman's comp. and unemployment insurance for up to $1,000.00 per year, Heather 2nds- Discussion- Jenn and Heather will work on workman’s comp and other employees items to get the new hire, Hayley will look into the quickbooks with payroll- motion passes.

 

VII.     New business

a)     Shop Local FB Post- Heather brought a FB post that promotes local businesses by reminding them to check local prices compared to online prices, chances are locals will be cheaper. Erika will be working on putting some posts together after comparing higher priced companies products compared to local prices on the same products.

b)     Place Branding Survey- Heather brought a survey to our attention that we feel that the community will benefit from. After Erika starts we will have her work on putting something together for the community to fill out about changes/updates/question/concerns about anything around town.

c)     Workshops- Basic and Advanced Quickbooks will be our next quarterly workshop. Was mentioned that maybe Kasi McIntosh would be able to help us along with Bear Paw Development. Jennifer will be in contact with both of them. The next workshop will be December 5th and 6th 2017 at the chamber office. Advanced quickbooks would be a great workshop after the basic one and Jennifer will be in contact with Darci Ream with Wipfli in Havre, will have to figure out a cost to have her come in.

d)    Fundraiser items- Jennifer brought some possible fundraiser ideas or things to promote out local businesses. Hidden objects in local businesses, punch cards in businesses, drop off $25.00 receipts for a prize at the end of the month- this one would be good during the holidays. Local garage sale/kids carnival, something we will have Erika look into after she starts. Tabled at this time

e)     Table Mats- We are looking into making table mats for our local restaurants with our local businesses on them along with some shop local verbage.  We will sell ads as a fundraiser to help with the pay for our new employee. Hayley motions to start getting ads for the table mats, Frank 2nds motion passed.

f) FB Thank you for members- We are going to be starting a new thank you for our members in the coming weeks, we appreciate all of our members and look forward to many more years. Jenn will start putting this together.

g) Fairground grant- The fairgrounds is looking for a letter of support to get a new indoor arena for the fairgrounds, the cost of this will be around $30k if approved. There is lots of work that will be needing to be done before things are started. Heather will be working on the letter of support to be turned in by the 30th of September.

h) Tables and Chairs rental- Jennifer rented out to the Golf course 10 tables and 80 chairs for a fundraiser they held last weekend, and she asked if we could donate the tables and chairs for the event. Hayley motions to donate the tables and chairs to the Golf course Larry 2nds motion passed. We are also needing to get some figures together on how much money is in the chamber trailer and get a new deposit price set. This has been tabled until the next meeting.

i) Parade of lights and Christmas Stroll- Need to start planning on this event. This is being tabled until next meeting.

Larry motions to adjourn the meeting, Frank 2nd – motion passed.

 

Adjournment 7:25pm

Next Meeting: October 12th, 2017 at 6pm

 

Comments are closed.