Home of the Sugarbeeters

Small Town Charm, Big City Ambience

Chinook, Montana
Chinook Sugarbeeters
Chinook Rod and Gun Club Gun Show will be October 7th and 8th.
Our Business After Hours Event is looking for Hosts for 2017, please contact Jennifer at (406) 945-7978 for more information.
Farmer Rancher Committee will meet at the Chamber office October 9th to finalize details for event.

May 2017

Call to order

Approval of minutes from last meeting

Treasurer’s Report

Committee

  1. Appreciation Committee-Dinner
  2. By-Laws Committee

    Open issues

  3. Digital ticker board
  4. Park equipment April update
  5. Installation of banners
  6. New member FB post- Hayley
  7. Business After Hours – Jennifer Hellman
  8. SBF
  9. Shop Local- Sarah
  10. Bonus Booklets- Sarah
  11. Quickbooks- Hayley

 

  1. New business
  2. Garden Club- Barrels and flower- Carol
  3. Tables and Chairs- Larry & Frank
  4. New Business Welcome- Glitz and Glamour
  5. Thank you to Carol Lamey- Jenn
  6. Memberships-Jenn
  7. Christmas lights- Jenn

Meeting Agenda

May 10, 2017

6:00pm

Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting

  1. Call to order

Sarah Pratt called the meeting to order at 6:02pm on May 10, 2017 at the Chamber Office.

  1. Roll call

The following persons were present: Sarah Pratt, Heather DePreist, Hayley Yost, Catie Jacobs, Larry Surber, Frank Pehrson, Jennifer Hellman, Mitzi Cecrle, Janiee Marrow, and guest Carol DePriest.

  • Approval of minutes from last meeting

Minutes were approved as posted on the website.

  1. Treasure’s Report

Wells Fargo Operating Has been closed out and moved for First Bank of MT

Larry Surber motions to approve that we pay the bills Carol DePriest 2nd - Motion Passed.

Committee

Appreciation Committee Meeting- Committee met and discussed getting the word out to businesses to start getting sponsorship money in for this event. We agreed on having it called Blaine County Farmer/Rancher Night- Appreciating AG Customers.  There will be 3 levels of sponsors, a band, dinner and drinks.  Next meeting will be scheduled within the next few weeks to finish up details on planning this event.

By-Laws Committee
- Fixes to by-laws have been made with minor revisions. After review of the by-laws there was a motion by Mitzi to accept the revised By-Laws as is, but to change the parliamentarian duties after the next term, There was a discussion and Larry Surber 2nd- motion passed.  Will be discussing more at the next meeting.

Open issues

Ticker Board- Sarah is working on the slide show for this. The Television will be getting brought to the Chamber office to get up and running.

Park Equipment- No news at this time.

Installation of Banners-Waiting on approval from NWE to get started on installation of banners.

Member Thank you Thursday- Hayley has not gotten any response from Chamber members on doing a shout out for their memberships. Was discussed maybe to call them and see what she can come up with.

Business After hours- Sweet Medical Center will host June’s after hours, we are still looking for more businesses to host events towards the end of the year.

Sugarbeet Festival- No news at this time

Shop Local- There have been a Thank you for shopping local flyers printed by Blaine County Journal, Thank you for that, we will be passing out to businesses, be on the look out.

Bonus Booklets- No news at this time.

Quickbooks- This has been setup in the Chamber office and Hayley has been working on cleaning up all of the inactive accounts.

New business

Garden Club- Carol DePriest brought in a budget for planting flowers on main street this year, Was asked for $518..90 to get 130 petunias, 2 new whiskey barrels and some fertilizer. Was discussed and there was a motion to approve the buying of these flowers by Mitzi Cecrle, Heather DePriest seconds- motion passed.

Table and Chair- There was a bill brought to the meeting from Pehrson Firestone, the tires on the trailer were weather checked and needed to be replaced ASAP. Was approved to pay the bill.

New Business Welcome- None at this time

Memberships- Numbers are down from last year and we are looking for someone to take on keeping up on our memberships. Calling/visiting with past members.

Christmas Lights- Jenn brought up to Jim Teel that our Christmas snowflake banner is still on main street and we are needing to get this down,  Jim stated that he cannot get in touch with NWE to come and get this taken down.  Also mentioned on doing some updates to how the lights are hooked up on the poles.  Will discuss at the next meeting.

  • Adjournment 7:08pm

Next Meeting: June 8th 2017 at 6pm

Comments are closed.