Chinook Chamber of Commerce
January 10, 2018
Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting
- Call to order
Sarah Pratt called the meeting to order at 6:09pm on January 10, 2018 at the Chamber Office.
- Roll call
The following persons were present: Sarah Pratt, Heather DePreist, Hayley Yost, Brandon Nissen, Daniel Dahl, Frank Pehrson, Larry Surber, and Dana Davies.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Frank moves to approve minutes Sarah read and Hayley 2nds, Motion passed.
- Treasure’s Report
Bills were read by Hayley Yost. Larry moves to pay bills and Frank 2nds, motion passed.
- Business After Hours- Check to see if Jenn came up with an ad otherwise Brandon can make one.
- Budget Evaluation Committee- Heather, Sarah, Hayley, and Larry will meet at the Chamber office on January 24th at 6pm to meet with our accountant to make sure we are on track.
- Open issues
- Ticker Board- Daniel is finishing that on Friday.
- New member post- Brandon can put together a post to welcome Patricia Hoefeldt’s store Miscellany.
- Chamber Employee- Daniel moves to hire Brandon Nissen as our part time employee. Brandon will be paid $11 per hour for 15 hours a week. He will pick up the mail on his way to the office at 3pm and open up the office when he is done and keep it open until 5:30pm Monday-Friday. We will also try Saturdays from 10am-2pm. He will be paid the 1st and 15th of the month. Daniel will get Brandon on the bank accounts.
- Table Mats- Brandon will work on this
- Annual Banquet- Triple Dog will be the guest speaker. Val Frank is catering and will do some decorations. We will plan on 75 plates. Dana will check on storage containers for the new orange plates. Daniel will put together a raffle item and Sarah will ask Bonnie to do one. Sarah will put together a survey and people will get a raffle ticket for their survey.
- Officer Nominations- Larry motioned to approve the slate as follows:
- President: Sarah Pratt
- Vice President: Daniel Dahl
- Treasurer: Hayley Yost
- Secretary: Dana Davies
- Reporter/Parliamentarian: Dawn Colby
Hayley second. Vote was unanimous.
- New business
- Membership Letter- Sarah will update the letter. Daniel moves to have Montana Grafix print in mass mailing to send out and Brandon 2nd. Motion passed.
Next Meeting: Tentatively February 7th at 6pm