December 2017

Chinook Chamber of Commerce

Meeting Agenda

November 15, 2017

6:00pm

Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting

  1. Call to order

Sarah Pratt called the meeting to order at 6:95pm on December 13, 2017 at the Chamber Office.

  1. Roll call

The following persons were present: Sarah Pratt, Heather DePreist, Hayley Yost, Jennifer Hellman, Daniel Dahl, Frank Pehrson, and Guest Dawn Colby.

  • Approval of minutes from last meeting

Hayley moves to approve minutes from website Jenn said there are changed to be made to the Treasurers report, and Frank 2nds, Motion passed.

  1. Treasure’s Report

 

Bills were read by Hayley Yost.  Daniel moves to pay bills and Jenn 2nds, motion passed.

  1. Committee
  2. Business After Hours- Jenn will be working on a Thank you to all the businesses that hosted an event in 2017.  Daniel suggested to put the first After hours event will be in March and we are looking for a business to fill this spot.
  3. Installation of Banners- Banners have been put up thanks to Miller Brothers Tree Service for helping us with that. We ended up having to take a few down to put the Christmas lights up this year.
  4. Parade of Lights and Christmas Stroll- Sarah brought up that years ago we had fundraised to purchase the Christmas light snowflakes and donate them to the City of Chinook. We have since helped a little bit with the expense of updating the light bulbs.  Hayley motions to not pay any bills from the City of Chinook for the purchase of light bulbs for the snowflake lights, we do not own them anymore as we donated them to the City, Daniel 2nds the motion- motion passed.

Festival of Trees went well this year we raised $3,696.00 and we will be setting up a time to preset the check to the Blaine County Fair Foundation that is working on putting up an indoor arena at the Fairgrouds.  Sarah mentioned that Carla Anderson should be reimbursed for supplies that she bought during the Parade of Lights.  Jenn mentions that Carla will be reimbursed for these supplies, Heather 2nd, motion passed.  We discussed possible ideas for the next Parade of Lights/Festival of trees.  Will be noted and worked on next year.

  1. Audit Committee- Was discussed that we will need to set up a date for an audit committee in January of 2018. Hayley will be in contact with our Auditor, will consist of Past President, Current President, Treasurer, Member at Large and auditor.

 

  1. Open issues

 

  1. Ticker Board- Daniel is working on it so we can use the computer at the same time, this will happen after Christmas.
  2. New Member Welcome- Hayley discussed putting together a time to take a photo and present a free membership to Miscellany, Patricia Hofeldt.

 

  1. New Reporter-Mitzi- Tabled

 

  1. Chamber Employee- Nothing to report at this time.

 

  1. Shop Local Facebook post- Tabled until Executive director is hired

 

  1. Place Branding Survey- Tabled until Executive director is hired.

  2. Table Mats- Was discussed to get 1-10,000 of these printed. Hayley motions that we will be accepting quarterly pay at $200.00 per quarter or $600.00 paid at once per year, Daniel 2nds- motion passed.
  3. Tabled and Chairs Deposit- Dainel is doing a great job with this.
  4. Annual Banquet, speaker and Dinner- Jenn has been in touch with Val Frank and she is willing to cook the dinner for the banquet January of 2018, she will be sending Jenn some options for food. Jenn also talked with the Chinook Eagles and has reserved the back room for the Banquet, there will be a $50.00 deposit as the Eagles will not be cooking.  Sarah has been in touch with Bob Quinn about speaking at the dinner as well, will follow up the end of this week.  Was discussed to have a community servie award for the dinner as well, one has been voted on and Jenn will try and get them to the dinner.  Miller Family was nominated by Heather and Jenn 2nds- motion passed.

 

  • New business

 

 

  1. Chamber Bucks Admin- Jenn mentioned with the her not being on the Chamber after this calendar year she wants to be sure someone will be taking over the Chamber bucks. Sarah has offered to start doing them until a Secretary is found.

 

  1. Officer Nominations- Nominations were held
    President- Daniel nominated Sarah Pratt- Heather 2nds
    Vice President- Heather Nominated Daniel Dahl and Sarah 2nds
    Secretary- Sarah nominated Kendra Seilstad and Daniel 2nds
    Treasurer- Heather Nominated Hayley Yost and Jenn 2nds
    Parliamentarian- Sarah nominated Mitzi Cecrle and Daniel 2nds- Jenn nominated Dana (???) and Hayley 2nds
    Reporter- Jenn nominated Dawn Colby and Sarah 2nds
    All positions were voted on, Dana won the Parliamentarian position and positions will be as follows:
    President- Sarah Pratt
    Vice President- Daniel Dahl
    Secretary- Kendra Seilstad (if she accepts)
    Treasurer- Hayley Yost
    Parliamentarian- Danna(??)
    Reporter- Dawn Colby

 

  1. Membership letter- Jenn mentioned that the membership letter needs to be revised and sent out by the end of this calendar year.

 

  1. Plates for dinners- Jenn motioned to have 100 plates ordered from the Dollar Tree and Daniel 2nds.

 

Heather motions to adjourn the meeting at 7:50pm Jenn 2nds- motion passes.

 

 

Adjournment 7:50pm

Next Meeting: January 10th, 2018 at 6pm

 

Comments are closed.