Chinook Chamber of Commerce
August 8, 2018
Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting
- Call to order
Sarah Pratt called the meeting to order at 6:00pm on August 8, 2018 at the Chinook Chamber Office
- Roll Call- Sarah Pratt, Daniel Dahl, Hayley Yost, Laine Jorgensen, Hannah Weber, Bonnie Weber, Dawn Colby, and Dana Davis via phone.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting- Minutes were read. Motion passed.
- Treasurer’s Report- Hayley read the bills. Motion passed to pay bills.
- Sugarbeet Festival- Laine is organizing Plowed Under and will divide the bill in thirds between the Eagles, Mint, and the Chamber. Daniel will go to the City Council to complete the approval for the festival. Daniel started the shirt design and Hannah will finish it. Brandon Nissen confirmed being a Top Sponsor.
- Escape Room- Daniel motioned for the name Escape the Hi-Line. Dawn seconds. Motion passed. Wanting to do completion or failed pictures at the end.
- Open issues
- Business After Hours- Loaves and Fishes will be at Wallner Hall on August 9th.
- Employee- Hayley motions to hire Megan Singh at 20 hours per week at $10 per hour. Bonnie seconds. Motion passed.
- New business
- Triangle: Anne Booth- Anne updated the Chamber on some excited options to help the Chamber with our goals. She would also like to organize a grant workshop for us next year.
- Farmer Rancher Night- Motioned to have Farmer Rancher Night on October 27th. Motion passed. We asked Shania to cater again since she did an amazing job. We are looking into quotes for music. We will ask Five in the Field for a quote again.
- Website overhaul- We would like to delete and combine pages to clean it up and have it cost less to add the visual display.
- Festival of Trees- Hayley wants to buy a tree at Herbergers for $15 for the office. Daniel motions and Bonnie seconds. Motion passed.