April 2018

Chinook Chamber of Commerce
Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2018
6:00pm
Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting
I. Call to order
Sarah Pratt called the meeting to order at 6:07pm on April 11, 2018 at the Chamber Office.
II. Roll call
The following persons were present: Sarah Pratt, Heather DePriest, Hayley Yost, Daniel Dahl, Frank Pehrson, Ellen Savage, and Dawn Colby.
III. Approval of minutes from last meeting
Motion passed to approve as read with the corrections.
IV. Treasure’s Report
Bills were read by Hayley Yost. Daniel moves to pay bills and Ellen 2nds, motion passed. Daniel will remove employee from the bank accounts.
V. Committee
a. Sugarbeet Festival- Hayley is going to send us all the budgets and continue with sponsorships.
b. Escape Room- We received two bids out of a possible three locations. Daniel said we should look into a wifi hotspot from Triangle. Sarah will contact Anne.
VI. Open issues

a) Ticker Board- Sarah sent the video to Daniel and he will get it up and running.

b) Coupon App- Sarah is trying to problem solve getting all the businesses and their contact information uploaded properly.

c) Workshops- The Quickbooks workshop went well by those who attended. Tara Overcast gave them some great information and helped with all their questions. We will talk with Craig Lowham about an Advanced Excel workshop in the Fall.

d) Business After Hours- Miscellany and My Neighbor in Need had a great event. We wished the weather was better for attendance. We will promote a Public Servants Appreciation BBQ for May 10th from 5pm-7pm.

VII. New business

a) Welcome Sign- Robin Allen will send a picture of what they came up with for a Welcome Sign on the highway. We will look into the restrictions.
b) Membership Payments- There is a business that tries to pay under the wrong membership category. Dawn will work on this problem.
c) Chamber employee- Brandon resigned last month. We have some potential candidates.
d) Wallner Hall Donation- Wallner Hall is looking for donations for their heating system. Frank motions to donate $200. Daniel 2nds it. Motion passes.
e) Fishing Day- Frank asked if the Rod and Gun Club could use our garbage cans for Fishing Day on May 6th. We agreed to let them use the cans.

Adjournment 7:08pm
Next Meeting: May 9th at 6pm

Comments are closed.