Home of the Sugarbeeters

Small Town Charm, Big City Ambience

Chinook, Montana
Chinook Sugarbeeters
Business After Hours will be hosted by State Farm from 6-8pm May 4th, 2017
Our Business After Hours Event is looking for Hosts for 2017, please contact Jennifer at (406)945-7978 for more information.
Next monthly Chamber of Commerce Monthly meeting will be Thursday April 13th at the Chamber office just south of the Chinook Eagles Club. Please come and share your valuable input.

2016 June

Chinook Chamber of Commerce

Meeting Agenda

June 6, 2016

6:00pm

Type of Meeting: Monthly Meeting

  1. Call to order

Heather DePriest called the meeting to order at 6:07pm on June 6, 2016 at the Chamber Office.

  1. Roll call

The following persons were present: Heather DePriest, Mitzi Cecerle, Carol DePriest, Jennifer Hellman, Larry Surber, Hayley Yost, Frank Pehrson, Lorraine Verploegen, Sandy Wilson, and Sarah Pratt.

  • Approval of minutes from last meeting

Minutes were approved as posted on the website. Sarah moved, Mitzi 2nd.

  1. Treasure’s Report

BPCU Savings $25.44

FB SBF $14,916.55

FB Operating $1,047.90

Wells Fargo Operating $166.15

FB Chamber Bucks $4,165.00

FB Tables and chairs $480.00

WF Tables and Chairs $4,039.12

Jenn presented the bills. Frank moves, Bonnie 2nd. Passed

  1. Open issues
  2. License Plate Fundraiser Update: Heather will do it.
  3. New Businesses Update: Jenn has the business written on her desk and will email that out.
  4. Business After Hours Update: Sweet Medical Center is this month. Use July to do an upcoming alert and informational ad.
  5. Shelving Units- will do later.
  6. Chamber Bucks gear (Local money flyer, sticker welcome, etc)-Jenn has a list of businesses: Sarah will follow up for approval for the flyers.
  7. Bonus Books: Done!! They look great. Ask Steve to do an article on the bonus books.
  8. Training Workshops (NEXT MEETING)
  9. Banner Setup- Larry- Sarah Griffith from Havre (Spartan Promotional Group) quoted a price $28.80 for 20 on banners brackets are $67/each. Sarah will order a bracket from her. We may transfer money from the table and chairs account to pay for the banners.
  10. New business
  11. Todd Klassy- wait
  12. Update on Sugarbeet Festival- Haley is an event coordinator and will be doing Sugarbeet Festival this year! Ideas were given to Haley and she will coordinate with Mitzi. We will get the poster by July 1st.
  13. Garden Club Whiskey barrels- Carol. Purchased 4 new barrels. $49.99/barrel. Larry moved, Frank 2nd. Passed.
  14. Highway Clean Up day- Sarah: Revisit in August to pick a date.
  15. Plant a Seed...READ/Imagination Library- Mrs. Verploegen- We were given background. They need help with the Adopt a Reader program. We need to get this information out to the community.
  16. Full membership vs Associate member (We need a sheet where it is fully explained): Full members are only allowed FB and difference with non profit/individuals. Sarah, Bonnie, Jennifer, and Larry will be on the committee. The Malta chamber could be a resource.
  17. Grant (Triangle Rural Services)-Jenn printed out: we don’t have time right now

Sugarbeet Festival Suggestions

Send Night at the Museum invitations to school on Friday with kids.

Move Night at the Museum to 8:30 or 8:00 p.m. instead of 9:00.

Make sure we talk to Finley's about shutting off lights at the store.

Seating on Main Street - possible bleachers?

When listing sponsors, put the Hi-Line Tavern Association instead of Mint Bar

In 2015, the BBQ served 200 people - should plan for 275ish.

Tables and chairs for people to sit and eat at during the day

Have all of the ribbons, Chamber Bucks, and coins in envelopes with event name, place, etc. before the event.

Have announcers stand separate from live music trailer if possible.

Order vinyl banner for Napa and Hi-Line Tavern Association when ordering banners (also NCMSGA and Cattlewoman).

Look-a-like contest should be discontinued.

Some sandwich boards should be made/purchased to place throughout the festival, directing participants to activities/events.

The music should be moved to the other side of the street (Finley's)

More helpers are needed, especially during the parade to keep kids from running into the street.  Possibly contact volunteers from the membership drive.

About 30 more wasp catchers are needed.

One or 2 people should announce events all day long (Kevin Elias).

The Chamber would like to have 8 or 10 8 foot tables to put out.

 

Chamber Christmas Tree for next year - Jenn would like to explore the possibility of purchasing one of the trees from the Festival of Trees for the Chamber next year.

 

Parade of Lights/Festival of Trees Suggestions

Smaller trees - 5' or less

Dennis Lkeinjan and Larry Surber both for teams/wagon rides if nice

Sled races - use hill by Ham's Self Storage - make sure to get at least 6 adults and preferrably some barracades to stop traffic.

2017 Annual Banquet - January 21 or 28.  Russell Nemetz Speaker.
Bleachers – Heather is looking for bleachers.

FOT basket submissions need itemized list of items in basket and clear cover

  • Adjournment 7:35pm

Comments are closed.