2015 June

Current Agenda:

Minutes Reading/Approval – Shannon Nissen

Treasurers Report – Jennifer Hellman

Weed Spraying - Jennifer Hellman

July After Hours - Jennifer Hellman

Sugarbeet Festival - Jennifer Hellman

Firework Donation - Jennifer Hellman/Heather DePriest

Tent Insurance - Jennifer Hellman

SBF Insurance - Jennifer Hellman

 

Tuesday, June 2nd, 6:00 PM at the Mint

 

Members Present:

Jennifer Hellman

Heather DePriest

Larry Surber

Bonnie Weber

Sarah Pratt

Jill Leo

Priscilla Heflin

Brandon Nissen

Shannon Nissen

 

Guests Present:

None

 

Minutes were read and corrections were made.

 

Treasurer's Report

BPCU SAVINGS $25.44

FB SBF $8,322.31

FB OPERATING $7,612.15

WELLS FARGO OPERATING $45.06

CHAMBER BUCKS $4,741.00

WF TABLES AND CHAIRS $4,856.00

 

Jenn did not have all of the bills to present. She will pay the bills for the month and present them at the next meeting. Sarah moved and Bonnie seconded this decision.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

 

Fairgrounds – There is a meeting next week.

 

CTEP – The project is still looking like it will start the first part of June.

 

Bonus Books – The Bonus Books are done! They were handed out to the Chamber board members to sell for $20.

Chamber Building The Chamber is still looking for a building to call home.

 

Central Montana Tourism – The Central Montana Tourism Board is looking for new board members. Chad Jones, Gretchen Greytak and Paul Rasmussen were discussed as possible candidates.

 

New Business:

 

Tent – It was decided that the tent should be set up before it is rented out. We need to make sure that all the parts are there. In discussing how much to rent it for, some comparable rentals were looked up. In Missoula, a similar sized framed canopy is renting for $500. The possibility of having 5-10 people who could set up the tent at any given time with them being compensated with chamber bucks was discussed. Heather will look at comparable rental agreements.

 

Fundraiser Idea – Brandon proposed selling Sugarbeeter Fatheads as a way to raise money for the Chamber. They are 3'x4' for $90.

 

Weed Spraying – Christian will be spraying in the alley behind the businesses. It was decided that multiple businesses sharing one storefront will only have a single charge. The typos on the last page of the agreement were discussed - weeds instead of seeds and weeds instead of gravel. We are still not sure when spraying will begin.

 

SBF – There is a preliminary schedule - Heather will email it tomorrow. Several fun activities will be available. There will be professional speed climbing, hot dog demonstration, a power pole relay, public pole climbing (safety harnesses included), and bucket truck rides. Heather will look into insurance for the activities. There are a lot of last years SBF Fun Run shirts left over. The possibility of giving them away for a freewill donation was discussed.

 

Meeting adjourned at 7:05.

Next meeting is scheduled for July 7th at the Motor Inn

 

 

TABLED ITEMS

 

Storage Units- We need to find a storage area for the Chamber’s items. Keith will be talking to the City to see how long we can keep them at the Armory.


Sandwich Board – We talked about making a few sandwich boards with some plywood – we inquired that maybe the school would be willing to make them if we asked. Heather will contact Robin about this project as well.

Grant Writing – Bridgette will get in touch with Heather once she is done with School.

 

Grants – Heather brought to the groups attention that there is a couple grants that may be worth looking into – one being Northwest Farm Credit Services Rural Community Grant Program. Heather has the paperwork if anyone is interested in writing it.

 

LARGE SUGARBEET STATUE - Colleen had brought a photograph of a large sugar beet that she had encountered in her travels and was wondering if something would be possible to add to our Visitors Center as a unique draw. We will be discussing later on when the building is complete and operational.

Notary Training
- Tabled at this time - do not know if we will have enough interest in it to justify bringing the trainer down.

Marquees - The PTO has decided to take some of the funds for the Marquees and use for another project. The Chamber decided to hold off on the marquees until we have a visitor’s center/rest area to place it at.

Lights on the Tower
Anita DePriest Magnuson sent Heather a cutout of a Newspaper Article from Junction City, Oregon where they have succeeded in lighting up their water towers with LED lights that can change and be programmed to move and rotate. It was agreed that it was a neat idea and would be tabled until we had available funding to do a project of that magnitude. Heather will contact Chuck and see if he is interested in spearheading the project. <http://junctioncity.kval.com/content/eugene-company-helps-light-junction-city-water-tower>.

Strategic Alliance of Montana Chambers - Heather contacted SAMC and notified them of our interest in the project. We will wait to hear from them on when we will be doing training in our area.

American Prairie Foundation
It was talked about at the meeting for our approach on this subject, and we decided to help encourage people to get educated on the subject and to express your opinion. The officers of the group decided to let the Stockgrowers and the CattleWomen do the public viewing of the movie with a speaker, etc. It was a unanimous opinion of the group that it will affect businesses and could directly affect each and every one of us. Heather will contact Lori Swanson.
Mural
Fran Hodgson sent Heather a link in July that showcased Cut Bank’s murals through town. She would like to suggest that Chinook look into it. The link is: <http://www.kfbb.com/news/local/92734869.html>. Tabled at this time.

 

Signs Outside of town

The signage has been tabled still since the input we received from Krystal Steinmetz regarding CTEP. Heather will work directly with Krystal on this project

Comments are closed.