2010 September

Thursday, September, 2010 - Pastime Lounge Meeting Room - 7:00 p.m.  Regular Meeting

Current Agenda:
Report on Signs outside of Town - Committee (Chuck Hewitt, Kelcey Diemert, Max Hofeldt)
Visitors Center - (Old L&L Pizza Location) Heather DePriest/Larry Surber
Christmas Lights - Ordered
Sugarbeet Festival - Post Reports
NHS - Christmas Lights in Centennial Park
Adopt A Highway - Milepost 402 to 404

Members Present:
Heather DePriest
Larry Surber
Jennifer Hellman
Michelene Edwards
Mark Billmayer
Betty Billmayer
Jeff Finley
Lynette Finley
Max Hofeldt
Frank Pehrson
Chuck Hewitt
Allen Pula
Nancy Diemert
Deb Ramberg
Lori Swanson

Minutes were read and approved as stand.

Visitors Center:  Visitors Center has been started and will be done by next Friday.  Wiring is new, sheetrock is going up, paint colors have been picked and will be ready to use for the Festival.  The Chamber’s new address is 85 ½ 2nd Street - Chinook.

Signs on the Outskirts of Town:  Chuck is going to bring his signs in, no-one was at this meeting to report from the committee.  Will report on at next meeting.  Heather read in the paper that there is funding through CTEP available, and will be attending the meeting to try and secure some project ideas.

SEGP Grant:
  Heather is working on this and will contact Gayle for suggestions.

Sugarbeet Festival:
We need to arrange for someone to get the tanks and the toys from Strobels in Great Falls as well as picking up the Sugarbeets from Billings.

Need to have a committee to move Tables and Chairs for the Festival

Car Show Report - Good to go, have separate sponsors for things and they are doing a poker run.  It will be held from 2 to 4 and will help get the cars cleaned off of the streets for the parade.

Need to arrange for Trailers for people to ride on and the stairs for them to get on the trailer.  Heather suggested using the one from the swimming pool - should work.

Need power to the inflatable toys, from Western Bank, the Church or the Museum.

Bagpipes - Heather will email Bonnie and ask her if she will contact them.

Barbeque - Good to go, need to arrange for some BBQ’s from Milk River Coop and/or Devon.

Business Race - Nancy has this handled and will be setting up the games.

Air Boat - Justin Nielsen would like to incorporate his airboat into the parade if approved by the group.  He would like to keep it on a trailer, turn it on and have the boat push a pickup (with someone in it, steering and brakes).  It was moved by Bruce Butcher and 2nd by Jennifer Hellman to accept the boat in the parade with the provision of a tryout-session with the group and as long as Justin signs a waiver of liability from the Chamber.  Heather will arrange for this and let everyone know.

T-Shirts:  The T-Shirts are getting printed as we speak and will be done by next Friday.  Michelene offered to pick them up.

Chamber Balances:
General Fund - 2225.51
Christmas Lights - 5739.47
Sugarbeet Festival - 2215.81
Table and Chairs - 1271.68

Signs:  Heather will be building the signs for the festival and need some of the following:
(4) PAST BUSINESS HONOREES - Give to Max

Adjourned at 7:52 p.m.

Next Meeting:  October 7th, 2010

TABLED ITEMS

LARGE SUGARBEET STATUE - Colleen had brought a photograph of a large sugarbeet that she had encountered in her travels and was wondering if something would be possible to add to our Visitors Center as a unique draw.  We will be discussing later on when the building is complete and operational.

Notary Training
- Tabled at this time - do not know if we will have enough interest in it to justify bringing the trainer down.

Marquees - The PTO has decided to take some of the funds for the Marquees and use for another project.  The Chamber decided to hold off on the marquees until we have a visitors center/rest area to place it at.

PARADE OF LIGHTS - Rita would like to see 25 floats at the 25th anniversary of the Parade of Lights.  Rita agreed to write letters to try and get people involved, etc.  Tabled.

Comments are closed.