Chinook's 32nd Annual
Parade of Lights, Christmas Stroll & Festival of Trees
Friday, November 24th, 2017 - Chinook, Montana
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, November 24th, 2017
1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Stroll Main Street and listen to Christmas Music while shopping our many vendors.
To become a vendor, contact Sarah Pratt at (406) 720-0837.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Festival of Trees displayed at First Bank of Montana Lobby
Please note, Festival of Trees Setup is Monday, November 13th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at First Bank of Montana - they will be displayed until Nov. 24th
1:00 p.m. - Sled Races (Meet in front of the Chamber Office - Weather Permitting - bring your own sleds.)
2:00 p.m.- Story time at the Library
1:00 to 3:00 p.m. - Horse Drawn Wagon Rides - Weather Permitting
1:00 to 6:00 p.m. - Blaine County Museum Open (Free Admission)
1:00 to 6:00 p.m. - Wildlife Museum Open (Regular Admission Charges Apply)
3:00 to 5:00p.m. - Pictures with Santa (Wallner Hall, bring a can of food for the Food Bank)
2:00 to 4:00 p.m.- Bell Choir (First Bank of Montana)
4:30 p.m.-Silent Auction Items available for pick up (First Bank of Montana)
5-7:00 p.m. Chinook Eagles Taco Feed
5:30 - Line up for Parade in front of Meadowlark School
6:00 p.m. - Parade of Lights (Mr. and Mrs. Clause will be appearing and tower heaters will be provided for extra comfort)
7:15 p.m. - Festival of Trees Live Auction - Eagles
Open House Notifications
There are no known Open Houses at this time. If you are having one, please let us know!
Questions? Contact Hayley Yost (509)-378-9027 for more information.
11:30 a.m. - Vendors begin setting up. Vendors will be on display from 1 to 6 p.m.
If you would like to become a vendor, click here to fill out a form or call Sarah Pratt at (406) 720-0837 for more details.
If you would like to enter a float in the Parade of Lights, fill out the following form and bring with you at Parade line-up - 5:30 p.m. on Friday, November 24th.Download Form
FESTIVAL OF TREES
If you would like to enter a tree, wreath or gift basket in the Festival of Trees, simply download the following form and return it to Carol DePriest by calling (406) 357-3870.
The Festival of Trees will be held in the lobby of First Bank in Chinook. This year, small baskets and wreaths will be up for Silent Auction ONLY. Trees and large baskets will be on display in the lobby of First Bank, then will be moved to the Eagles to be put up for Live Auction ONLY.Download Form
The Community is Encouraged to get ready for the 7th Annual Festival of Trees in conjunction with the 32nd Annual Parade of Lights and Christmas Stroll in Chinook!
The 2017 Festival of Trees will be held in conjunction with the 32nd Annual Parade of Lights and Christmas Stroll in Chinook, Montana on Friday, November 24th, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the lobby of First Bank of Montana. Setup for the Trees will be held on Monday, November 13th, 2017 at the lobby of First Bank from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The Jumping Juniper Garden Club of Chinook are graciously coordinating this event. Area businesses and individuals are asked and encouraged to donate a decorated tree, wreath or gift basket of any kind to the event. The community is encouraged to donate any type of item, it is not limited to a tree, basket or wreath. The donor business/individual is responsible for purchasing their tree or item and the decorations on it; as well as items “underneath” the tree. You will become part of a magical community event by donating a decorated holiday tree to the Festival of Trees. Your beautiful tree/wreath will be displayed from Monday, November 13th until Friday, November 24th and will be viewed by hundreds of people from around the area. Whether you are advertising for your business, helping to promote an organization, showcasing your children’s creativity, or simply decorating a tree/wreath for yourself or your family, you’ll be proud to be part of this exciting fundraising event for the area organizations to benefit. All proceeds from the 2017 Festival of Trees will benefit Blaine County Fair Foundation and the new indoor arena.
Registration forms can be found here. Please return your registration form by November 10th, 2017 to ensure an available space. Begin the fun by choosing your tree theme and approximate tree/wreath size. If you have questions about donating a tree, please call Garden Club Member Carol DePriest at 406-357-3870 or email the Chamber of Commerce here by leaving your name, address and telephone number. Your tree theme is up to you. Creativity is encouraged! Tree size may range from 16 inches (mini tree) up to four and a half feet tall. Some donors decorate a tree in memory of a loved one, as a family project, to promote a cause or to advertise a business.
- Your decorated tree is a donation to the Chinook Area Chamber of Commerce Festival of Trees and will be auctioned as part of the fund raising efforts of the Chamber for the above entities. The Chinook Area Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c) 6 non-profit organization as defined by the US Internal Revenue Service code. We can provide you with a donation verification letter should you desire it for tax purposes. We have developed this list of helpful hints to make the most of your support:
- Artificial Trees and large baskets are donations to the Chinook Area Chamber of Commerce Festival of Trees and will be auctioned via live auction.
- Artificial wreaths and small baskets are donations to the Chinook Area Chamber of Commerce Festival of Trees and will be auctioned via silent auction.
- The community is invited to bid on the wreaths/baskets during the 2 weeks they will be setup in the First Bank of Montana. The trees/large baskets will be on display the 2 weeks prior to the auction. At 4:00 p.m. the silent ends and the live auction items will be moved to Eagles.
- All items placed with the tree, wreath or basket are part of the raffle
- Trees should have a tree skirt, topper and lights
- The total height cannot exceed 4.5 feet.
- Spray adhesives, loose glitter, confetti or artificial snow are prohibited
- Edible Items are allowed as a part of the “contents” beneath the tree should you desire a theme of such, but please do not place edible items on the tree.
- Items of value such as gift certificates or tickets should be given to the Festival of Trees Coordinator upon check-in. Please bring a photocopy of the gift certificate and place it on the tree. The originals will be given only to the winners.
- Other ornaments or items of value should be wired or secured to your tree as your tree WILL be moved to the Eagles, please keep this in mind.
- Please make sure to itemize stuff that are in your baskets as they are hard to see after you have covered them.
- Please make sure the contents of your baskets are covered.
- Plan on allowing 2 hours for set-up, and bring a step stool or ladder with you if needed.
- The Festival Coordinator will arrange the display of the trees. You will be directed to an approximate location for set-up. Depending on the size of your tree, a stand may or may not be used. Keep in mind your tree may be moved.
- Please take all packaging and boxes with you when you leave. Do not leave anything behind.
- Keep in mind that trees may be viewed from all sides and you should decorate your tree with the intent that it will be shown from every direction.
Let’s all come together to make this event a success for the organizations and entities that will benefit.