Chinook's 31st Annual
Parade of Lights, Christmas Stroll & Festival of Trees
Friday, November 25th, 2016 - Chinook, Montana
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, November 25th, 2016
1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Stroll Main Street and listen to Christmas Music while shopping our many vendors.
To become a vendor, contact Sarah Pratt at (406) 720-0837.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Festival of Trees displayed at First Bank of Montana Lobby
Please note, Festival of Trees Setup is Monday, November 14th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at First Bank of Montana - they will be displayed until Nov. 25th
1:00 p.m. - Sled Races (Meet in front of the Chamber Office - Weather Permitting - bring your own sleds.)
2:00 p.m.- Story time at the Library
1:00 to 3:00 p.m. - Horse Drawn Wagon Rides - Weather Permitting
1:00 to 3:00 p.m. - Blaine County Museum Open (Free Admission)
1:00-3:00 p.m. & 5:00-6:00p.m. - Pictures with Santa (Wells Fargo Bank Lobby)
1:00 to 6:00 p.m. - Wildlife Museum Open (Regular Admission Charges Apply)
2-4:00 p.m. Bell Choir- in the Library meeting room
5-7:00 p.m. Chinook Eagles Taco Feed
5:30 - Line up for Parade in front of Meadowlark School
6:00 p.m. - Parade of Lights (Mr. and Mrs. Clause will be appearing and tower heaters will be provided for extra comfort)
7:15 p.m. - Festival of Trees Live Auction - Chamber Tent (Main Street) - Complete with A Dessert Bar
Questions? Contact Hayley Yost (509)-378-9027 for more information.
11:30 a.m. - Vendors begin setting up. Vendors will be on display from 1 to 7 p.m.
If you would like to become a vendor, click here to fill out a form or call Sarah Pratt at (406) 720-0837 for more details.Download Form
If you would like to enter a float in the Parade of Lights, fill out the following form and bring with you at Parade line-up - 5:30 p.m. on Friday, November 25th.Download Form
FESTIVAL OF TREES
If you would like to enter a tree, wreath or gift basket in the Festival of Trees, simply download the following form and return it to Carol DePriest by calling (406) 357-3870.
The Festival of Trees will be held in the lobby of First Bank in Chinook, then will be moved to a tent where there will be desserts, music and the last of the silent auction.Download Form
The Community is Encouraged to get ready for the 6th Annual Festival of Trees in conjunction with the 31st Annual Parade of Lights and Christmas Stroll in Chinook!
The 2016 Festival of Trees will be held in conjunction with the 31st Annual Parade of Lights and Christmas Stroll in Chinook, Montana on Friday, November 25th, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the lobby of First Bank of Montana. New this year, we will have a tent setup with desserts, music and the silent auction at 4:00 p.m. Stroll through First Bank of Montana throughout the day and enjoy Christmas refreshments compliments of the Chinook Chamber of Commerce and Garden Club of Chinook. Setup for the Trees will be held on Monday, November 14th, 2016 at the lobby of First Bank from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The Jumping Juniper Garden Club of Chinook are graciously coordinating this event. Area businesses and individuals are asked and encouraged to donate a decorated tree, wreath or gift basket of any kind to the event. The community is encouraged to donate any type of item, it is not limited to a tree, basket or wreath. The donor business/individual is responsible for purchasing their tree or item and the decorations on it; as well as items “underneath” the tree. You will become part of a magical community event by donating a decorated holiday tree to the Festival of Trees. Your beautiful tree/wreath will be displayed from Monday, November 14th until Friday, November 25th and will be viewed by hundreds of people from around the area. Whether you are advertising for your business, helping to promote an organization, showcasing your children’s creativity, or simply decorating a tree/wreath for yourself or your family, you’ll be proud to be part of this exciting fundraising event for the area organizations to benefit. All proceeds from the 2016 Festival of Trees will benefit the town with Banners for main street. The Chinook Chamber of Commerce believes that these banners will benefit our community greatly with these additional funds.
Registration forms can be found here. Please return your registration form by November 14th, 2015 to ensure an available space. Begin the fun by choosing your tree theme and approximate tree/wreath size. If you have questions about donating a tree, please call Garden Club Member Carol DePriest at 406-357-3870 or email the Chamber of Commerce here by leaving your name, address and telephone number. Your tree theme is up to you. Creativity is encouraged! Tree size may range from 16 inches (mini tree) up to four and a half feet tall. Some donors decorate a tree in memory of a loved one, as a family project, to promote a cause or to advertise a business.
- Your decorated tree is a donation to the Chinook Area Chamber of Commerce Festival of Trees and will be auctioned as part of the fund raising efforts of the Chamber for the above entities. The Chinook Area Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c) 6 non-profit organization as defined by the US Internal Revenue Service code. We can provide you with a donation verification letter should you desire it for tax purposes. We have developed this list of helpful hints to make the most of your support:
- Artificial Trees are donations to the Chinook Area Chamber of Commerce Festival of Trees and will be auctioned via silent auction.
- The community is invited to bid on the trees/wreaths/baskets during the 2 weeks they will be setup in the First Bank of Montana. They will then be moved to a tent around 4:00 p.m. for the final silent auction.
- All items placed with the tree, wreath or basket are part of the raffle
- Trees should have a tree skirt, topper and lights
- The total height cannot exceed 4.5 feet.
- Spray adhesives, loose glitter, confetti or artificial snow are prohibited
- Edible Items are allowed as a part of the “contents” beneath the tree should you desire a theme of such, but please do not place edible items on the tree.
- Items of value such as gift certificates or tickets should be given to the Festival of Trees Coordinator upon check-in. Please bring a photocopy of the gift certificate and place it on the tree. The originals will be given only to the winners.
- Other ornaments or items of value should be wired or secured to your tree as your tree WILL be moved to the tent outside of the Bank, please keep this in mind.
- Please make sure to itemize stuff that are in your baskets as they are hard to see after you have covered them.
- Please make sure the contents of your baskets are covered.
- Plan on allowing 2 hours for set-up, and bring a step stool or ladder with you if needed.
- The Festival Coordinator will arrange the display of the trees. You will be directed to an approximate location for set-up. Depending on the size of your tree, a stand may or may not be used. Keep in mind your tree may be moved.
- Please take all packaging and boxes with you when you leave. Do not leave anything behind.
- Keep in mind that trees may be viewed from all sides and you should decorate your tree with the intent that it will be shown from every direction.
Let’s all come together to make this event a success for the organizations and entities that will benefit.